AVI-TECH THROUGH THE YEARS...
Incorporated in 1981, Avi-Tech's corporate history spans over 30 years starting as a provider of burn-in solutions. Since then, we have expanded our breadth of capabilities to include manufacturing and PCBA services and engineering services. Today, we are one of the leading total solutions providers for burn-in, manufacturing and PCBA, and engineering services for our global customers in the semiconductor, electronics and life sciences industries. We are proud of the many milestones and achievements we have garnered over the years.
- Incorporated in Singapore
- Commenced operations with 23 personnel and three Burn-In Systems with a total area of 782 sq. m.
- Qualified by our two largest customers, Texas Instruments Singapore and National Semiconductor Pte Ltd, as a burn-in service provider due to our fast turnaround and good engineering support
- Expanded our business to include the provision of engineering services to design and build semiconductor Burn- In Systems
- Formed strategic alliance with Motay Electronics (which was acquired by Unisys Corporation, a US company providing system integration, network engineering, project management, and technical support services)
- Extended our capabilities to provide Tape and Reel Services to semiconductor manufacturers
- Relocated to our own building with a total built-up area of approximately 12,000 sq. m. and equipped with advanced Burn-In Systems, many of which were designed and fabricated in-house
- Awarded the Economic Development Board of Singapore’s Enterprise 50 No. 1 ranking in recognition of our business excellence
- Expanded our services to provide distribution of third-party Burn-In and test-related equipment for use in the semiconductor testing environment and provided Test During Burn-In services
- Started a new project with Unisys Corporation which significantly expanded our engineering services in the area of system integration of High Power Burn-In Systems
- Entered into an agreement with another technology partner in system integration of High Power Burn-In Systems
- Mainboard listing on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited
- Conferred the prestigious Singapore Quality Award
- Successfully ventured into the US for Burn-In boards business and system integration for the life sciences industry
- Established subsidiary Avi-Tech, Inc. in the US to meet the upsurge in demand for Burn-In boards
- Secured our first front-end semiconductor customer with the award of a multimillion-dollar contract for system integration of Lithography equipment
- Attained ISO 13485:2016 certification
- Diversified into the provision of PCBA services for the medical, mobile communications and aviation industries
- Acquired new customers in the Digital Imaging Systems space
- Successful transfer of Burn-In business from overseas semiconductor customer to support customer’s outsourcing strategy